xee code - best program comment ever!

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by camomac, Apr 28, 2009.

1. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

okay i am not the first person to post this, but since this is funny and a little
    crazy and mac related, i thought the MR community might like to see it.

"At this point, I'd like to take a moment to speak to you about the Adobe PSD format.
    PSD is not a good format. PSD is not even a bad format. Calling it such would be an
    insult to other bad formats, such as PCX or JPEG. No, PSD is an abysmal format. Having
    worked on this code for several weeks now, my hate for PSD has grown to a raging fire
    that burns with the fierce passion of a million suns."
    <there is more>

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

That is some hilarious dedicated hatred, thanks. I remember feeling that way when I had to dig into the ugly underbelly of QuickTime and deal with Pascal strings, FSSpecs, fixed point math structs, doing every call essentially twice with all the setup (once to get the size of the record and again to actually get it), and other cruft.

3. camomac thread starter macrumors 6502a

camomac

that seriously has to be one of the best quotes i have ever seen! thanks that made me laugh. :D

4. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

lol I've never seen that before. Thanks :)

Yeah I love his sig too... I even stole it for other forums :cool:

5. lucasgladding macrumors 6502

I highly recommend daringfireball.net as regular readng. John Gruber had a post about this last week with a link to the source code for the PSD importer in Xee - same as here.

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2009/04/24/psd

Note that there is no sarcasm or criticism above - I have nothing against those who don't already read daringfireball.net. ;)