XFactor Winner Leon Jackson's Single - iTunes says 'Your not downloading that ... '

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by razorianfly, Dec 16, 2007.

1. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

X Factor Winner Leon Jackson's single is unavailable through iTunes. It was available for download 10am this morning, then at 1pm, it became unavailable, and no sign since. People who i've talked to who had pre-ordered the track yesterday have said the track wasn't delivered to them today (when iTunes stated 16th as the release).

When clicked on the iTunes Music Store, or when following the Apple Phobos link, you are currently met with a error message which states:

"Your request could not be completed
    The item you have requested is not available."

Phobos Link

I think it's going to affect his sales. iTunes is one of, if not the biggest markets for him. Hence Dermot mentioning it was specifically available on iTunes towards the end of the live show last night.

They have to fix this.

Has anyone been able to download this yet, successfully?

Whats going on?

R-Fly

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Won't the Christmas number one be determined by whoever sells the most units from tomorrow through to next Sunday? If I were a cynical man I might think that the thinking is that all the folk who can't buy the song today will buy it from tomorrow onwards, meaning the sales will count towards the all important Christmas number one rather than this week's chart. ;)

Of course, it might just be that there's such a high demand for this download that it's caused some kind of technical glitch...

3. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

Evidently iTunes is censuring your appalling taste in music. Use your seventy-nine pence to buy something good, or give it charity, or just drop it in the street!

4. razorianfly thread starter macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I'm guessing your not fond of him then .. ¬_¬

R-Fly

5. madofrain macrumors member

madofrain

erm

I'm sorry but it would appear your either Scottish, a twelve year old girl, or deaf... I've clearly made the school boy error in assuming this forum is populated by 30 year old + male mac using graphic designers...

Steve..Do you see what you've done!!! I HOPE YOUR HAPPY!

Ahem.

Its fine..I'll just go back to my dominoes and pint of speckled hen...

6. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

That'll be me then. Strangely enough and true to my demographic, I'm not liable to be buying the winning single this Christmas.

7. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Nor me... despite being Scottish :rolleyes: and not being a blokey graphic designer

I suspect that Jaffa's original answer as to delaying it to allow the chart position to be better is the real reason.

8. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Well, I've just taken a look on iTunes and it seems that the panic is over folks, it looks like you can now download the single. I for one will be able to sleep peacefully in my bed tonight.

I'll emphasize the fact that I said it looks like you can download the song, because naturally I didn't try doing so. :rolleyes:

9. Queso macrumors G4

It's a right dreadful song though isn't it? I was watching the show on ITV2 this evening and oh it's bad...:eek:

I thought this article had a wonderful review of it myself, especially this reason as to why Leon won

:D