Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Anyone know of a list of apps we are able to use a xfinity credentials to log into?

One example I have HBO on my limited amount of channels I'm subscribed to and would like to log into the HBO app.

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
Basically, you can use the companion app for any channel that you have on your Xfinity cable package. There are dozens of tv apps, so it's best that you just look for apps for the channels you watch/like the most. You log in using your Xfinity username and password, so you cannot get into the apps for channels to which you're not subscribed.

Unfortunately, Xfinity does not support single sign-on, so you have to sign in app by app.

sinatik

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2016
Virginia
In my experience, most tv apps don't work with xfinity. HBO and Showtime work, but the basic cable apps like HGTV and the History channel, et al, don't work with xfinity.
Hope this changes in the future.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
In my experience, most tv apps don't work with xfinity. HBO and Showtime work, but the basic cable apps like HGTV and the History channel, et al, don't work with xfinity.
Hope this changes in the future.

I have no issues using the History Channel with my Xfinity Comcast account, it does need external verification from a PC, however I had issues when trying to use History channel from a Spectrum account, History channel back then didn't support Spectrum as a provider.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.