Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Placehold5894

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2022
Did you get any confirmation page or and error when ordering? I keep getting errors...
Yes I kept getting," Sorry, looks we are having technical difficulties". When I was trying to add to cart other than then once it was in my cart the other pages loaded with ease other than the screenshot I posted above.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Absolute joke at this point. Tried chatting to get it ordered. Chat couldn't get through the error either.. giving it up for the day.. 3 hours wasted..

MarkMissoula

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2008
Got mine confirmed. Not sure when it will be shipped but i think it said Sept.30th. The $400 off will be spread out over the 24 months of payments.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Finally got two pro 256gb’s ordered. Had to chat online to get them. Website was still trash 13 hours after orders opened. The wife got the purple. I got the silver. Hers is set to arrive on release day. Mine not so much.. Octoberfreakin28.. surprised silver was the longest arrival time not being a new color. Or do they have more stock of the newer colors ? Either way.. what a ****show. Worst pre order experience I have ever had..

Reactions: Jimmie Geddes

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
I got mine with no problem today. 14 pro max with 256 gb for 9/30. Shows all models available but some colors / storage with different shipping. I think the $400 towards upgrading is a good deal and if I can sell my 12 pro for a good amount I will be happy.

maugustine

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2014
Portland, OR
How are you seeing your delivery estimate?

I originally pre-ordered with Apple Friday morning right when they went on sale but then later that evening saw the $400 off deal and ordered through Xfinity. I don’t remember seeing a delivery date.

Is there any way to see this before I get a tracking number?

Fingers crossed for a launch date delivery 🤞🏼 😁

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
Here’s more detail for you:

The most important part…
“New and existing Xfinity Mobile and Comcast Business Mobile customers can take $400 off a new iPhone, including the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max, and the entire iPhone 13 and iPhone 12 line. New customers must activate a new Xfinity Mobile line within 30 days of purchase, and existing customers can upgrade one of their existing lines to receive the deal.”
Thanks for the tip! I’m currently an Xfinity customer and earlier this year they tried to sign me up with Xfinity Mobile. That sounds like an awesome deal although I bet those phones will only work on their network which IIRC, they told me they use ATT. I‘ll drop by on Monday and check out that deal.

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
I've been getting a new iPhone every year, waited in line for the first on June 29, 2007 and have upgraded every year. Xfinity Mobile gives the best deals from any carrier I've had. I also use Xfinity for my internet, and TV. It works great on Apple TV, and their Stream app allows you to access and watch everything you've recorded, live TV, etc. anywhere on my iPhone, iPad, Mac.

When I placed the order it showed Sept. 16 delivery date on the page. My order & confirmation emails also show "Pre Order Availability: 2022-09-16"

Reactions: maugustine

Placehold5894

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2022
When checking out I saw the date of 9/16 as well. They don't do a very good job keeping you updated. Looking at the order on your account , it just says free 2 day ship. You can go to the pre order pages select your model,color, and size and it shows estimated shipping dates for each one. Some still showing 9/16, others backordered all the way til the end of October.

For anyone who Pre-ordered from Xfinity Mobile in the past, do they still ship with FedEx? I would prefer UPS because of live truck tracking rather than FedEx's 8am-8pm time frame. Also do the phones come from an Xfinity warehouse or straight from China like many other carrier's customers are already seeing.

MGTR420

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
When checking out I saw the date of 9/16 as well. They don't do a very good job keeping you updated. Looking at the order on your account , it just says free 2 day ship. You can go to the pre order pages select your model,color, and size and it shows estimated shipping dates for each one. Some still showing 9/16, others backordered all the way til the end of October.

For anyone who Pre-ordered from Xfinity Mobile in the past, do they still ship with FedEx? I would prefer UPS because of live truck tracking rather than FedEx's 8am-8pm time frame. Also do the phones come from an Xfinity warehouse or straight from China like many other carrier's customers are already seeing.

I just looked at a previous “your order shipped” email and the tracking number was FedEx. I don’t think it starts the shipping process from China…usually somewhere in the US.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016

Unfortunately fed ex which sucks compared to ups for me. My ups guy who I know personally would leave it(signature required)when I’m not home and fed ex probably won’t.. and I live in the middle of the woods with no neighbors.. the. I will have to run to fed ex to pick it up the next day

Reactions: Jimmie Geddes

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Yes, Xfinity lacks in providing detailed tracking information and has always used Fed Ex in my experience. Ordering from Apple, tracking is very detailed and you can follow it from China to your home.

Sh1536

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2022
Ordered yesterday and got a confirmation email and trade in email a few hours after asking me to trade in my phone by the 1st of october. My date is the 30th but I read that once the cancel button disappears it means that the phone is about to ship. The phone is also on my account now would it be possible to get it early? It's also weird that they're giving me 2 days to trade my phone in after i get it.

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Xfinity has the best prices but their customer service is the worst ever. I made my last payment on my iPhone 12 Friday to upgrade to the 14. Emailed them yesterday to unlock my iPhone 12 since I’m going to sell it as an unlocked phone. They had no idea what I was talking about.

hexagenia

macrumors demi-god
Jan 12, 2007
New Hampshire
Xfinity has the best prices but their customer service is the worst ever. I made my last payment on my iPhone 12 Friday to upgrade to the 14. Emailed them yesterday to unlock my iPhone 12 since I’m going to sell it as an unlocked phone. They had no idea what I was talking about.

I've had good experience with the Xfinity chat for the unlock. Have done it three times, most recently on Friday. Literally the same transaction as you--paid off the phone--called for the unlock. Got texted it was done in under two hours, despite being warned that it might take up to 48. Wishing you good luck!

Reactions: Heat_Fan89

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
I've had good experience with the Xfinity chat for the unlock. Have done it three times, most recently on Friday. Literally the same transaction as you--paid off the phone--called for the unlock. Got texted it was done in under two hours, despite being warned that it might take up to 48. Wishing you good luck!
Thanks for the info. I was planning on an Xfinity visit today to ask that question, which you answered. I noticed in the fine print that they will accept either moving your current cell phone number or you can use a Google Voice number. I opted for Google Voice. I hope they'll accept that.

I plan on going with the $15 per month plan but am really curious about the fees and taxes piled on top of the $15 per month? I have been with Mint Mobile for the past 4 years and basically pay $15 plus tax.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Thanks for the info. I was planning on an Xfinity visit today to ask that question, which you answered. I noticed in the fine print that they will accept either moving your current cell phone number or you can use a Google Voice number. I opted for Google Voice. I hope they'll accept that.

I plan on going with the $15 per month plan but am really curious about the fees and taxes piled on top of the $15 per month? I have been with Mint Mobile for the past 4 years and basically pay $15 plus tax.
I have 5 lines.. 3 on unlimited and 2 share one gig and here are my extra charges on my last bill: total of $13.75

Taxes, fees, and other charges$13.75
caret icon

Taxes, fees, and surcharges​

911 Fee(s)$8.25
State & Local Sales Tax$1.65

Other Charges​

Regulatory Recovery Fee$1.85
Universal Connectivity Charge$2.00

Reactions: Heat_Fan89

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
I have 5 lines.. 3 on unlimited and 2 share one gig and here are my extra charges on my last bill: total of $13.75

Taxes, fees, and other charges$13.75
caret icon

Taxes, fees, and surcharges​

911 Fee(s)$8.25
State & Local Sales Tax$1.65

Other Charges​

Regulatory Recovery Fee$1.85
Universal Connectivity Charge$2.00
Thank you for that information. So my $15 per month plan will be approximately $28.75. Multiply $13.75 in taxes and fees by 24 months and that's roughly $330. So I am only saving $70 with the $400 discount of the phone. Mint Mobile is by far much cheaper and I get 4GB of data which can be used as Hotspot as well.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Thank you for that information. So my $15 per month plan will be approximately $28.75. Multiply $13.75 in taxes and fees by 24 months and that's roughly $330. So I am only saving $70 with the $400 discount of the phone. Mint Mobile is by far much cheaper and I get 4GB of data which can be used as Hotspot as well.
I would assume one line would have less in extra fees compared to 5.. maybe someone on one line can chime in on that..

Reactions: maugustine
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.