Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmaxxrtd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
I'm currently trying to view my Comcast on-demand content on my Macbook Pro (Snow Leopard 10.6.5). When I attempt to watch a movie or show, I'm prompted to download the Xfinity media player. When I click install, the progress bar moves as if something is happening, but once it gets to the end, it just hangs. I've also tried downloading the dmg file directly for the player. When I install that, I receive this error code:

Move-Media-Player 071706000001 Installer
An error occurred executing script "fs_install.command". Error = 256

I've brought this issue to Comcast "support" on three different tries with no luck.

I have the latest version of Flash player installed and I have tried Safari (32-bit mode per Move's instructions), Firefox, and Chrome and none work. Are there any Comcast customers who have gotten this to work on Snow Leopard?

Thanks in advance for any help.

koolrosh

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2009
MD
I've had this same problem too. I've tried using FF, Safari and Chrome and most of the time I get chrome to play a video from Xfinity/Fancast. Try that

madmaxxrtd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
I've tried Chrome and, even though it's faster than the other two, it still displays the error of not being able to install the plugin. Do you have any sort of custom setup? Thanks.

koolrosh

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2009
MD
I've tried Chrome and, even though it's faster than the other two, it still displays the error of not being able to install the plugin. Do you have any sort of custom setup? Thanks.

No custom setup. I'm sure you've tried this, but make sure your flash is up to date

madmaxxrtd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
Yeah, made sure my version was the latest and it is. Still nothing. I'll keep troubleshooting. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.