Carrier Xfinity Upgrade Question

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
I bought my current iPhone from Xfinity Mobile (paid in full).
This year, I ordered an iPhone 11 Pro from Apple Store (SIM-free).
Will I have any issues just popping the nano SIM out of my old iPhone and into the new one?
Will I need to call Xfinity or god-forbid, go into the store to get my new iPhone working?

Thanks!

tjhassan

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
I use a Xfinity Mobile sim in my sim free iPhone 8 with no problems. I originally got the XS Max through them, but hardly use it because of the size. So switched the sim to my 8. You should be fine.

ET3SW

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2011
Houston, TX
If you have an Apple Watch with them you will need to call and have them add your new phones IMEI to activate it but other then that it should be smooth sailing

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
I use a Xfinity Mobile sim in my sim free iPhone 8 with no problems. I originally got the XS Max through them, but hardly use it because of the size. So switched the sim to my 8. You should be fine.
If you have an Apple Watch with them you will need to call and have them add your new phones IMEI to activate it but other then that it should be smooth sailing
Awesome thanks guys! No Apple Watch w/cellular so glad to hear I can just pop in my SIM and be good to go!
Less importantly, will it show up as the correct device in the Xfinity Mobile app? And should I care if it doesn't?

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
Awesome thanks guys! No Apple Watch w/cellular so glad to hear I can just pop in my SIM and be good to go!
Less importantly, will it show up as the correct device in the Xfinity Mobile app? And should I care if it doesn't?
it’ll show the correct device once you enter the SIM.