Xiaomi is back at it again

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by xbankaiz, Feb 13, 2018.

1. xbankaiz macrumors member

xbankaiz

So it wasn't long before the Chinese copycat company Xiaomi would be back copying design elements from Apple once again. But the ridiculous claim for their new phone launching in India in a couple of hours is just worthy of some serious eye roll. Just check it out:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lloydbm41 Suspended

Lloydbm41

Add another Chinese copycat named "Doogee" to the list.

[​IMG]

3. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Hey at least they are using a 4000mAh battery!

4. acorntoy macrumors 65816

5. LovingTeddy macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

Vertical camera layout isn't copy of iPhone. There are other phones with vertical camera layout.

6. slitherjef macrumors 6502a

#roundedrectangles

I'm actually waiting to see if we see two camera pixel phones next... Heard a rumour that Android p has code for a notch :eek:

7. lazard macrumors 68000

who cares? Xiaomi offering India a good phone at a bargain price (<$200).

8. ramram55 macrumors 6502a

It beat out Samsung to become number 1 selling phone company in India.

9. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

It’s cute, like the 5c. Apple should make these as SE updates. Make them smaller and give them Touch ID and LCD. It’s weird that I think Apple should copy a copycat’s copy of their flagship phone but there’s an appeal to these copycats.

Our national security agencies recently warned Us citizens against buying phones from Xiaomi and Huawei. I don’t know what to make of that yet because I haven’t seen them spell out exactly what they’re finding of concern in the phones of just these companies specifically and not other Chinese manufacturers.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 15, 2018 ---
    True, but that particular look and configuration is a copy. I mean, just look at it! Looooook! :D

10. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68020

co.ag.2005

I agree. It's pretty blatant. But par for the course for this OEM.

11. ramram55 macrumors 6502a

Xiaomi is not restricted by national security agencies, only Huawei and ZTE.

12. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

Hold on.. it looks like something familiar.. I just can't seem to put my finger on it...o_O

They must love Apple's engineering team.. what do they have? PERFECT, COPY IT.. wait wait.. add some different colors and put a finger censor on the back.. Innovation Baby!

13. slitherjef, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018

slitherjef macrumors 6502a

Probably a couple reasons
    - the possibilities of back doors being built into the device

- the carriers are getting less money because they can't force their own back doors on the phones

- carriers loosing money because they can't cram their garbage ware on the device and thus lose money

Yes, this post is slightly satire o_O

Fixed a minor spelling error...

14. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

It’s not? Hmm...could have sworn Xiaomi was on the list too. I might have mixed them up with Axon. Thanks!

15. Tubamajuba macrumors 68020

Yes, and we wouldn't be here talking about how blatant of an iPhone X copy this phone is if the vertical camera were the only similarity. It's painfully obvious what Xiaomi is going for here whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

16. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Oh Apple will sue! No wait. Exempt for the companies in countries that they get cheap labor from.

Then they won't do a single thing.

Isn't it magical to know that some of your components in an iPhone come from factories that make the components for these knockoffs?

17. ramram55 macrumors 6502a

Apple will not sue anybody anymore, they sued Samsung in Europe and lost. They have to put disclaimer in their ad mentioning 'Samsung never copied their design', what a shame.
    The conception is Xiaomi using US components such as Qualcomm chip and so on.
    Had Toyota been sued for car design we will still be driving 'cranky and always get fixed' cars.
    The idea is the car has 4 wheels, 1 steering wheel, so does phone has camera, screen.