Xiaomi Unveils Its Own AirPods Clones

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 8, 2019.

1. NaimNut macrumors member

NaimNut

2. PG(Austin) macrumors regular

PG(Austin)

3. Shiro_Simba Suspended

Shiro_Simba

Im not sure how reputable that site is.

Though just looking at the headline , did Steve jobs steal everything from Xerox, no.

The point is both Microsoft and Apple borrowed from Xerox, who did not know what they had and produced the most successful operating systems .

The Xerox PARC is part of computing history , when I went through at university , PARC is taught as the first Of it’s kinda, which Apple and Microsoft copied in time, Apple did a much better job of the implementation for the user.

This is like saying that android did not get its inspiration from iOS ..... now they copy each other.

History books state , which came first , rhe grandfather of what we have here was an idea in Xerox, and imagine if they knew what to do with it . Maybe no apple or Microsoft today .....

Anyway , Apple and Microsoft ended up hiring key xerox employees ..... it was blatant .

4. BlargKing macrumors 6502

BlargKing

Yeah except cars have clear advantages over horses. Wireless headphones come with a lot more compromises than wired headphones for very little advantage. And even in 2019 not everything supports bluetooth headphones.

5. NaimNut macrumors member

NaimNut

Agreed,
    Dac to headphones for desktop conditions is a no brainer for audio quality and you dont have to spend a lot....if you dont want too (;

6. displayblock macrumors member

"good artists copy; great artists steal. And what that means is that when you’re passionate about what you’re doing you’ll take ideas from anywhere and with no guilt. You want to make the best possible thing and that was our mentality."

So Xiaomi just wants to make the best possible thing, like Apple?

7. Mars56 Suspended

and all of the sudden our android friends don't think that people look stupid with such wireless ear buds....
    --- Post Merged, Jan 9, 2019 ---
    because people are totally fine with the design. Nobody cares if some haters dislike the design or not. At least not in the city where I am. I mean really, "your earbuds are ugly, you look stupid" - is that the route that some (allegedly adult) people seriously want to take?

(having that said, once more - nice copy and paste job, Xiaomi)

8. Spoon! macrumors 6502

Spoon!

I have a pair and I still think they look ridiculous.

9. Mars56 Suspended

Do you wear them in public then?

10. Mike MA macrumors 68000

Mike MA

In this particular case we're talking about a transition period. Not nice but necessary. Phones still ship with a physical port and regular headphones, so you got a choice.

11. BlargKing macrumors 6502

BlargKing

But its never going to be as simple with wireless. Theres always going to be a stupid battery that needs charging. I had a pair of Sony bluetooth headphones for over a year until I replaced them last week with a pair of wired ones because I got tired of the battery dying.

12. Spoon! macrumors 6502

Spoon!

No, just at home.

13. justabrake macrumors member

justabrake

they're not $60 bucks when you find them like I did on 2 sites one wants $126 and the other $105 shipped

14. Mars56 Suspended

so they are good?

15. Spoon! macrumors 6502

Spoon!

I can’t use them for exercise as they fall out. Other than that I enjoy how they work with the iPhone. But the sound quality is pretty average for how much they cost.

16. Mars56 Suspended

Do other bluetooth earbuds work less well with the iPhone?

17. Spoon! macrumors 6502

Spoon!

All Bluetooth headphones I’ve used work fine with the iPhone. Apple just made it a little simpler with the AirPods ... they connect instantly when you take them out of the case. But I’ve never really found BT headphones to be much of a hassle.

18. Mars56 Suspended

oh ok. Thanks :)

19. justabrake macrumors member

justabrake

Just ordered $100.00 shipped 12-21 days, Can't wait for the Airpods#2 might be another year some sites say