Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
hi, how can connect XLD to gracenote database??

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 325

umbilical

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
This talks about it a little. Not with that problem specifically though.
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20090219085415547

Apparently its a payed database. So its not very easy to connect to. Why don't you just incode with itunes?

thanks, yeah I dont that of toast etc... etc... but is too large process... and I have a .ape merge songs... and .wv etc...

large process
so first I need extract with XLD to .wav, later go to toast, save it... mount it.... open itunes... GREAT LOAD GRACENOTE! and import! to apple lossless

short
XLD converts to apple lossless! fast... great!
problem? dont load gracenote, so miss composer field of albums!!! that database of xld dont load that field.

so thats the problem for me, for that I want connect XLD to gracenote :eek::confused:

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I dont like Max, XLD is better, I feel more simple and robust... and I think that max dont connect to gracenote too...
Idn, maybe I'm special but both connect for me and I didn't do anything in terms of those settings. I agree that XLD is much simpler...

I still don't understand why you wouldn't use iTunes to go straight to apple lossless.
Umm, one thought that comes to mind is that Apple Lossless is not supported by some applications Virtual DJ rejects half of my Apple Lossless rips. I use XLD to convert downloads from the internet (Like Dispatch shows from Archive.org), but Gracenote would not work with that.

knucklehead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2003
To get the Gracenote data with XLD, you need to have iTunes open while you are using XLD. XLD will copy the data from iTunes.

XLD is the only secure ripper currently available on the Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.