XM Radio and new Mac Pro - problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cabasner, Apr 26, 2007.

1. cabasner macrumors member

Hey all,

Brand new 8 core mac pro up and running today, and I'm thrilled. A few glitches that I'm working through, however. One of them is that I can't get my XM radio streaming audio working.

I have been using and iMac G5 for the last sseveral years, and it seems that at first, I had the same problem, but somehow, I did something to resolve the issue, but I can't for the life of me recall what I did to fix it. Here's the issue: I log into XM radio, and I get an error that reads:

"Safari can't display content on his page. Some content on this page requires an internet plug-in that Safari doesn't support. The application "Windows Media Player.app" may be able to display this content".

I seem to recall that I had the same issue with the iMac. However, even though I've downloaded Windows Media Player on the Mac Pro, I can't get the XM player to work. Somehow, miraculously, the iMac works just fine, apparently WITHOUT Windows Media Player. I know some of you will suggest using another browser (which I have not yet tried), but XM radio streams just fine with Safari on the iMac.

HELP please!!!!

2. 4God macrumors 68020

4God