XM skydock App

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bosox3, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

I was wondering, Is there any way to get the Xm skydock app to work without the actual skydock?

I wasnt sure if there was some way to trick the app.
    Im not sure if I really wanted to drop around $100 for the skydock, when there are cheaper comparable Fm docks.

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

No there isn't a way. The Skydock is intended to work as an XM radio. The FM transmitter will work on it's own though once the frequency is configured in the Skydock app.

When I am not using the XM Skydock app, I have my phone in there anyways using it for my TomTom app or listening to music or podcasts. I keep the aux adaptor plugged into the face of my stereo so all I have to do is switch over to aux to hear it. If you do use the FM transmitter, it is one of the best ones I have ever used and it actually works without much static interference.

I wouldn't buy the Skydock just for the dock itself though unless you intend on using the XM radio part as well.

There is a regular XM app in the store that you can use just on your phone. Sure you don't get all of the XM channels like you do on the Skydock app itself but it's still a great app.