XM Skydock on iPhone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tread42, Jun 23, 2010.

1. tread42 macrumors newbie

tread42

I was pleasantly surprised to find the iPhone4 worked seemlessly with the XM Skydock. I'm not sure how many Skydock users we have out there but thought this may be of use to somebody else.

Regards,
    Tread42

2. SpaceEdge macrumors member

3. tread42 thread starter macrumors newbie

tread42

I had not heard that SpaceEdge. Thanks for sharing, that would be a very welcome addition.

4. SpaceEdge macrumors member

5. otis123 macrumors 6502a

Is the internet streaming app getting a update for multitasking?

6. SpaceEdge macrumors member

I hope so , but what I gather from that article posted above it's coming. So who knows how long it will take. Knowing the way Sirius/XM works I wouldn't' expect it right away. Check out an app called Pocket Tunes it lets you play and record Sirius/Xm (including the Howard Stern Channels) and that app has a multitasking update waiting for approval.

7. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Sky Dock user here, O&A streaming perfectly !:D

8. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

Man I need to get the online plan again. I dropped it for the time being b/c I hadn't needed it much, but now I'm kinda wanting it for when I'm walking around NYC.

O&A all the way.

9. palmor macrumors newbie

Yup, worked fine for me to (I actually didn't think it wouldn't work). The only thing is that with the 3g I was able to leave my case on and the dock would make a great connection with my phone.. on the iphone4 I can't see to leave a case on (I've tried a couple of different ones).

If anyone happens to know of a case that will make the connection to the dock while still on the phone let me know :). I hate having to take the case off every-time I get into the car.

John

10. SpaceEdge macrumors member

Have you tried using different spacers ,those things that came with the sky dock ?

11. Raegor macrumors member

FYI to anyone interested if you are willing to buy pocket tunes, I think it's $5 it will stream xm via your online account and it multitasks in ios4

12. SpaceEdge macrumors member

Pocket Tunes rules much better then the Official Sirius/XM app. I know ooTunes does the same thing but not sure if they updated so it will multitask.

13. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Update: I had to modify my Sky Dock for use with a Apple Bumpber. The Bumper was too think to allow a proper connection. Took it appart and dremeled down the area around the connector to allow for the space difference. Works great now.

No Pics because its a crappy job, however since the iPhone 4 sits there you really dont see any of my handywork.:rolleyes:

14. Adkat macrumors newbie

post pic of modifyed skydock please

Please post a pic of the modified skydock, I wanted to see what the dremeled skydock looks like. How far down did you have to go? I'm stuck using the bumper since I have reception and dropped call issues in poor reception areas, and am desperate to get my skydock working with the bumper.

Thanks!

15. SpaceEdge macrumors member

The Sirius/XM Online App has been updated , now hopefully they will release an update for the SkyDock App

16. SpaceEdge macrumors member

They also just updated the skydock app not sure if it's a update to allow multitasking it just says improved connection with skydock devices and iOS4

Attached Files:

17. SpaceEdge macrumors member

They finally updated the Skydock with multitasking ! :D