Xmarks for Safari & Safari 4 Final: Compatible?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wrldwzrd89, Jun 9, 2009.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Anyone here use Xmarks for Safari? If you do, does it work with the new Safari 4 final? I heard reports that it worked with the Safari 4 betas.

If it doesn't, what would be a good alternative to use in the mean time? I can live with exporting my bookmarks to HTML and doing the old manual sync method, if need be... but I will not consider MobileMe or using Firefox as "alternatives" - I let my MobileMe account expire on purpose, since I never used it, and I already use Firefox, but I'd love to keep Firefox and Safari synced somehow.

2. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

it works.

3. iFerd macrumors 6502a

How do you tell in Safari 4.0 whether it's there? There is reference on their site to an X in gthe upper right, but I can't see that. This is on a Leopard Mac with the release version of Safari 4.0 installed.

4. Genjoke macrumors newbie

Genjoke

Me neither.

The only thing holding me back to firefox is: google redesigned, multiple search engines and the ability to sync my bookmarks to my own private server.

How do I access Xmarks if I cant find the so called x-on-the-right or any menu item for it?

5. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

It's there - there just isn't an icon in Safari. There IS a menulet you can turn on in Xmarks' system preference pane it installs, though.