Xmas Gift

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wizee, Dec 9, 2011.

1. wizee macrumors member

wizee

I purchased ipod touch for my granddaughter and want to set it up at my location so she can play on xmas day. Question is,,,,can she also set it up at her home?
    Thanks for any info.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Yes, but she will have to delete everything on it and start fresh at home.

3. androiphone macrumors 65816

I personally would let her open and set it up herself, if it has iOS5 on it already (ie if you have just bought it it will have) then no computer is necessary.

as long as she has wifi at her house then set up will be buttery smooth.

4. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

It took me less then 5 minutes to set up my iPod when I got it, and that was on iOS 4.2.1. It won't take that long. Also with iOS 5 you can do it very fast.

5. Chi-mex macrumors member

If you set it up and put stuff on it from your computer, then when she gets it and plugs it into her computer, everything will be erased. Also, a soon as you turn it on, it begins the set-up where you have to make/put in an Apple ID which contains credit card information so the purchasing and downloading of content, free or charged. If you put in your information, then you will be charged any time she buys something of value.
    So my suggestion, when she gets it on Xmas day, let her set it up. It takes about 10 min (that's how long it took me).

6. wizee thread starter macrumors member

wizee

Thanks all for the answers........Good Holiday to U all.