Xmas Giveaway-Get MacX Video Converter Pro V5.9.1 with Intel QSV Support for FREE

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Farond, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Farond Suspended

Farond

Just found this info on my bro's FB and reposted it here.

MacX Video Converter Pro v5.9.1 is free to get by courtesy of the developer's Christmas giveaway. 1000 free copies are provided every day. The offer ends on Dec 31, 2015.

>>http://www.macxdvd.com/giveaway/giveaway.htm

Input your email and click "Get License code" to get the serial number and download link. You need to install and activate the program before Jan 5, 2016 and there is no free upgrade.

I tested it myself on my MBP with Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 (4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7). It only took about 5 min to convert a M2TS (AVC) video (2.23h, 7.5GB, 1920X1080) to MP4 format and the output quality is fabulous, hardly no loss. Great update!

This is the latest version built on Dec 10, 2015. If you have got the program in their previous giveaway campaign, you can uninstall the older version and install the 5.9.1 version to experience faster 4K HD video conversion speed. :)

2. ewout macrumors newbie

ewout

downloaded my copy already and there are 998 copies left today.

3. aarond12, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015

aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

How does this compare to Handbrake?

Edit: From another thread, apparently MacXVideoConverterPro has a screen capture feature. Otherwise it does the same thing.

4. DLary macrumors member

I don't believe that Handbrake for the Mac supports Intel Quicksync.

5. Farond thread starter Suspended

Farond

yup, Handbrake really does a good job in video conversion and it is famous with many people. I often used to convert my videos with it. as for the difference between Handbrake and MacX Video Converter Pro, according to my experience, besides converting video, the macx program can do some other things while handbrake cannot, that is, capture screen, download video from online video sites, and turn photos into video slideshow.

regarding support to Intel QSV, it seems than Handbrake for Mac does not have the feature at present.

6. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

Well, apparently neither does my Mac Pro. Nor the Nvidia hardware encoder (why not OpenCL?). Intel Quicksync made its first appearance in the Sandy Bridge processors.

I think I'll stick with Handbrake. I have a feeling as soon as the next revision of this software comes out, I'll be nagged to purchase the upgrade, given how it immediately launched a browser session and, after entering my key, reminded me that I have a free version.

7. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Nope. No nag screen. Basically you have to initiate the check for upgrade option manually. If you choose not to upgrade, you don't have to.

8. Farond thread starter Suspended

Farond

hum, that's true

9. Farond thread starter Suspended

Farond

Christmas is just around the corner, how many of you have got the free software gift?

10. woodywoodz Suspended

woodywoodz

thanks for sharing the information. the offer will end tomorrow, about one day left from the posting time.