Xoom slam! lol

Discussion in 'iPad' started by No1up, Mar 10, 2011.

1. No1up macrumors regular

2. hi res macrumors member

hi res

yea that was pretty harsh, but judging by my own experience with a Xoom--pretty spot on!

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

And off on many things, but right on others.

For example don't mention 2-6 hours battery / 12 hours standby in one breath and then Xoom, which matches the iPad's battery life, in the other,

4. bocomo macrumors 6502

interesting. thanks for the link

i played with one for a few minutes the other day and didn't find it very intuitive either

5. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

6. tgcken macrumors member

My world is completely dominated by google apps. I use google voice, gmail, google calendar, google reader, google sites, and google docs for their simplicity.

While I realize that iOS probably wasn't perfect for tablets when the ipad first came out, I found myself unimpressed by honeycomb.

While I like the xoom design more, even the first iPad seemed like a more appealing whole product to me. The xoom had the specs, but it didn't feel right.

I agree with bocomo. Also, I especially disliked the bar at the bottom, always taking up screen real estate. I like having my home button.

7. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

I kinda like the xoom, if it were more stable, with a CLEAN market place, and some good office apps like pages.. I would get it..

I REALLY hope WebOS comes out strong!

8. Shivetya macrumors 65816

My friend bought a Xoom but he works for Verizon, needless to say any tablet discussion with him becomes heated. When he tried to convince me to buy one I referred to the Ars Technica review and when I listed issues they raised it turned into a "SO.. SO... SO..." type discussion.

I would love to see real competition, but we probably will have to wait on Rim

9. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sorry dude, rim has no chance, (my opinion) but webOS, now that might hold it's own. If not at the top, a very close second..

10. spammerhamster macrumors 6502

What'd be the error then?

"inconsistent battery life that lasts anywhere from 2 to 6 hours and a battery standby life of 12 hours compared to 30 days on Apple's iPad."

Sounds perfectly fine to me

11. Chilean.Miner macrumors member

Chilean.Miner

nerdrage is fun. It's like when I argue with my friend over whose car is better mine (bmw m3) or his (audi rs4). Does it really matter in the end?