Xoom, the next Zune!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yodaxl7, Feb 6, 2011.

1. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Xoom is about to be the next Zune. It will fail! It is overpriced! Bestbuy has a sale for iPad 3g 16gb for 600, 32gb, 700, 64 gb 800. Xoom cost more by 200, 100 or has half the storage respectively. Plus, iPad has over 60,000 apps to choose from. iPad has airplay, airprint. iPad gets time exclusives for the latest game apps. iPad is made of metal. Xoom is made of plastic, over time melts. iPad 2 is weeks away (4 to 6 weeks).

2. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

Was a new thread really necessary to express your opinions? Did you ever use it to know how it is? Agreed that its not as good as iPad in many aspects especially at that price but without using it and posting a thread on it is just lame.

3. yodaxl7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Like the sound of "Xoom like Zune that is likely to be Doomed!!!"

4. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

So glad you posted this! I was ready to order one but now since I found out from you that it will melt one day, I think I've changed my mind. Thanks!

5. h00ligan macrumors 68030

LOL..over time melts...

That goes in the clSsic quotes of macrumors book..fantastical!

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    It's likely that the Xoom will drop in price pretty quickly.

Also, isn't there supposed to be a WiFi-only model coming ? (I haven't kept up lately.)

7. eye macrumors 6502a

eye

Actually, it's way worse than the Zune. The Zune is actually kinda cool, though not as cool as an iPod. The Xoom is not cool at all. It looks like a piece of crap.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

9. rdstoll macrumors 6502

The Xoon may fail due to pricing but the actual device is quite nice. There will be more nice Honeycomb devices coming out from other manufacturers so the tablet competition will heat up, for sure. I was hoping to get an android-based tablet to replace my stolen ipad but I was not impressed with what came out at CES so I just went ahead and got the ipad again. But for me, I'd rather have an android one so just waiting for the right one to come along.

10. HarryKeogh macrumors 6502a

:D

And you know it will turn into a pile of goo just when you need to check on an important e-mail.

11. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

I'll wait until it ends up on woot.com Finally, a product to replace all those Zune players they keep hawking, over and over again.:D

12. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

I like the Xoom, as much as I liked my iPad when I first heard about it. I like Android as well. Not sure 600,000 apps make a big difference. I don't have near that many :rolleyes:

I'm curious what the specs and price point is on the iPad 2. So before I bash the 800 dollar tag, I'll wait. I heard iPad 2 specs will be out soon, before the Xoom is released. We can compare at that point.