XP Activation Problem and No Net Connection

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Jordin, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Jordin macrumors newbie

I am having problems getting windows xp running properly on my mac.

I have an intel based mac running the most current version I believe is Mac OS X 10.6 right now.

I am installing Windows XP Home SP3

I followed the setup guide, partitioned the hard drive, 32gig NTFS and formatted first.

A couple issues I'm hung up on...

Windows installed but now it is asking me to Activate it. I can't access my internet through windows on my mac. I'm assuming if I could install the drivers that might help. I have all the drivers on a USB but since i can't load to windows I can't install the drivers... Any ideas?

Also... The Windows Install Disc is stuck in my drive.. No matter what key I press... Eject, Command E, F12, left mouse click etc... Nothing will pop the disc (What a terrible design!! One of the most frustrating things to me about Apple...)

I can't seem to boot into Mac either anymore... I'm stuck at this Windows Activation screen...

At this point, I'd be happy to just go back to Mac OS X and buy a new PC...

If there is a way I can fix this and get windows xp running properly I'd be happy aswell....

Any thoughts of advice? Thanks in advance!

- Jordin

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Why don't you call the phone activation number? It works pretty well. To remove the disc, press the mouse button right after you power on the Mac. To switch back to Mac OS X, press the Option key right after you power on the Mac and use the arrow keys to select the Mac drive. Also, in the menu where you can select a boot disc, you can press the eject button and the disc will eject.

3. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Can't you hit ctrl-alt-delete and bring up task manager?

If so from task manager you should be able to start an application ... ( new task ) explorer ... and you should be able to eject dvd/cd from explorer.

Also in explorer you can probably try installing the drivers.

Not a bad idea to call in via phone that works also to activate windows.

4. BarkingGhost macrumors regular

BarkingGhost

I've never worked in Home versions of Windows before. Usually you have 30-days to activate the license--automatically with network access. But even during the 30-day period you should be able to use the OS uninhibitedly. Again, maybe this is a quirk of the Home product vs. the Professional products I've always used [at home].