XP doesnt seem to be seeing my videocard

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Brian1821, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Brian1821 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've installed windows xp home on my macbook pro via bootcamp, and it works allright, but i seems like xp isnt seeing my videocard. I've downloaded the newest nvidia drivers, but when i try to run them, the setup says that it doesnt have anything to go with my hardware. Also, when i go to the display properties (in xp) every pc ive previously been on says something like "plug and play monior on geforce 5200" or whatever your card is. When i look on mine it says "Non plug and play monitor on " its just blank.

Anyway, ive been looking around the forums for a couple of days and no one else seems to have this problem, so i'm probably just missing something really obvious, but its driving me insane.

-ive got a 2.4ghz, 4g ram, mbp running leapord and the bootcamp version that came with leapord, nvidia 8600gt

2. jmbrndl macrumors newbie

Had the same problem - fix that worked for me

I had the same problem on my new Imac. I found the following web site the had instruction on how to install drivers on OEM machines. Followed the instructions and it worked for me - hope it helps get your video card working.

http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool/