XP Imac 21.5 i3 2010, cant get mouse or USB working?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by pacmacca, Mar 12, 2013.

1. pacmacca, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013

pacmacca macrumors newbie

I installed Xp Sp2 correctly onto my mac via bootcamp. Used the OSX disc to install the drivers.

Everything went well, except after installing the drivers off the OSX disc I can no longer use the BT mouse or keyboard (but the resolution looks better). So I thought it must be the BT driver is being over ridden by the MS driver, so I thought I would plug in a USB mouse to fix it, it wont even recognise my USB mouse.

Running SL10.6 and using its disc.

Any ideas?

2. pacmacca thread starter macrumors newbie

134 views and a host load of people with the same problem on the net and noone knows how to fix it.

tried booting into safe mode, it does recognise the KB to press f8, but once at login or desktop USB or BT is not recognised.

im going to try reinstalling XP and instead of using the disc to auto install drivers im going to pick them individually as the mouse and usb was working prior to installing the drivers.

if anyone on this forum does no how to fix this, help would be appreciated. thanks.

3. pacmacca thread starter macrumors newbie

fixed it myself. just installed the drivers one by one without the intel and bluetooth drivers.

4. pacmacca thread starter macrumors newbie

just love this machine with windows. xp flies.