XP on MAC:Medieval Total War crash

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ebothma, Nov 30, 2009.

1. ebothma macrumors newbie

Hi there.

Hopefully Im writing this in the correct section. I recently bootcamped my macbook and installed all the latest bootcamp drivers for XP, 3.0 I think. I then installed an oldie but a goody, Medieval:Total War but I have the following problem;

I can run the and play about 75% of the game. Quick battles, custom battles, historical campaign battles and even the Map Editor. The Macbook runs it very well. But I cannot access the single player campaigns or the campaign tutorials. When I select these the loading screen appears as normal but crashes back to windows when It stops loading.

Now I have been all over the net looking for a solution and I think that I have narrowed it down to the campaign map graphics freaking out my Graphics card or something similar. I have tried the "button fix", I have installed all the latest patches for the game, I have done the "skipcredits.txt" fix and I have played around with every single performance and graphic setting in the game, matching it with the mac as I go.

So the specs:

Macbook 1.1, 1.8Ghz core 2duo, 1gb Ram, Intel 945 express with the GMA950 graphics chip

Im pretty sure it's a clash with the GMA950 but surely there must be a way to fix this. I know some super bright person could write a patch because there are thousands of people with the same problem and it'll be most appreciated!!

Thanks for all the help in advance.
    etrain

2. lostime macrumors regular

How does Medieval run on the 950? I remember the NVidia 7400 in my HP laptop barely ran it.