XP on MacBook Pro 2011 - Trackpad

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ioscat, May 13, 2012.

1. ioscat macrumors newbie

ioscat

I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro, and I know that that it only officially support Windows 7, but I must run XP for old programs. I have installed XP, it runs fine, and I have drivers for most for the hardware BUT, the trackpad cannot right click. I am using the built in trackpad. I have tried, but I just don't have the drivers for it and I can't find any. Is there a working trackpad driver out there for XP? Thanks.

2. misko macrumors newbie

If You have install disk Snow Leopard (boot camp) use that drivers

3. ioscat thread starter macrumors newbie

ioscat

Will the drivers for the 2008 MacBook pro work properly with my one?

4. misko macrumors newbie

Probably yes. My first MBP is 2009 and i use drivers from him. I think in 2008 is leopard and boot camp is ver 2. (You cant see NTFS partition)

5. JacaByte macrumors 6502

If you have Windows 7 Professional edition it's possible to use Windows XP applications through something called Windows XP mode. You can read more about it from Ars and download it from Microsoft. It's essentially like running Windows XP in its own sandbox along side Windows 7.

6. ioscat thread starter macrumors newbie

ioscat

I have been using some of those drivers, but the trackpad (or multitouch ones) won't seem to work.