XP on my mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by truckie, Oct 27, 2009.

1. truckie macrumors newbie

I would like to load xp or another windows os on my mac. I guess I need a full version of the program with a product key. Would one of you please spoon feed me and give me a link or something to a seller that is it cheap. I got what I thought was the correct os from ebay and it doesn't work. Didn't have the product key. Thanks very much:)

2. mongrol macrumors regular

End users can't buy Windows XP anymore. It's been discontinued in the retail channel and only available to some system builders. Any copy you buy will be illegal. You have to get Windows7 instead.

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

4. truckie thread starter macrumors newbie

So I buy this and load this on VMware, I can run windows?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes or use bootcamp which will require you to reboot your computer into windows but it has an advantage of being faster. Important if you're playing games. If you're running business type apps, Vmware is more then up to the task.

6. dom.mason macrumors newbie

The way I did it was to buy a full copy of XP Pro (Although the same applies to home edition). Install it in bootcamp and then run it in parallels using the bootcamp partition. That way I have the convenience of running xp within Mac OS X but also if i need XP to run natively I can reboot into Bootcamp.

http://www.interglobalsoft.co.uk/

That is where I bought my copy for. They ship worldwide.

Hope this helps