XP on partition - games minimize randomly

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Oskasan, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Oskasan macrumors newbie

I've tried basically everything I could find but my games on XP (on Bootcamp) keep minimizing randomly, its sooo annoying.
    I did an XP Repair, ran a AVG spyware sweep and found nothing, uninstalled AVG, and I basically uninstalled everything else I had except my games and nothing has worked.

Before my games were working fine (I had like Bioshock, Mirrors Edge, COD5), then I went to my friends house and installed Steam. Somewhere in there this problem started occurring and so I tried uninstalling it, still no luck.

I also notice my taskbar/desktop steals my windows' focus such as Firefox, then my cursor has the arrow+hourglass for like 2 seconds. I highly doubt it's spyware but I need some advice.

my Macbook Pro is 13", 2.53MHz, 4G RAM, nVidia 9400M

pleasepleaseplease helpp! :[[

2. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

Mine do that when my copy of Avira opens a window to try and make me pay for the pro version. You probably have something similar, a free ap trying to get you to upgrade, check whats in the toolbar next time it happens.
    Reinstall your anti virus asap or you will have a serious problem.