Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Has any one been able to install Service Park 3 in XP Pro under bootcamp 3.0?

Every time I try to install SP3 I get 'can find file xxxx' (xxxx= the filename I can't remember what the file name was) retry or cancel. If you click retry it just keeps coming up with the same error. If you click on Cancel and then asks if you want to continue or not. If you do try to continue you get another can't find file error but this time you can help the program find the file. If you do this and find the file and just says this is not the correct file or something simalar.

So I cancel out of that and it goes to the restore files window with a list of things it's doing. The last thing on the list is restoring fies. However this fails because it's looking for 2 files from the drive letter f. Drive letter f is the Mac OS X partion. I though you can't write files to that partion in bootcamp 3.0???????????

I did try to install sp3 with out putting bootcamp on. I just installed the wireless drivers and the sound drives. When I did that I got that the hard drive doesn't have enough hd space, it has 38.5 gig how big is SP3????

SO, after reading all this would you agrea that SP3 doesn't like Bootcamp 3.0.
And that I should redo the drive and install bootcamp 2.0?

Hugh

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I had this problem yesterday when I installed XP on my MBP. I Googled the file name and came up with the fix in one minute.

There are so many computer problems that can be fixed just by using Google.

This is an easy fix. Windows/system32/drivers find and rename AppleMNT to AppleMNTold or something similar. Reboot and update again. Also, you may wish to start over with Bootcamp again and this time give the Bootcamp partition more space. Mine has 51GB.

Remember, Google is your friend.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Thanks!

Thanks guys that helped! Now I think of it, I should have searched, I was just really frustrated at the whole thing. I re-installed Windows 4 times trying to get this to work.

Again Thanks! :)

Hugh

airtas

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2009
thx

thx guys worked like a charm.........question

why can I do all windows updates ok but not sp 3.0 without the tweak?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.