XP Service Pack 3 - Unable To Install

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by iPhoneyboy, May 12, 2008.

1. iPhoneyboy macrumors member

Has anyone been able to install the new XP Service Pack 3 Update?

I have successfully been running XP Pro (Service Pack 2) on a MacBook, but the new Service Pack 3 won't install. It keeps giving me error messages - "not enough disk space" - specifically "4 mb of more space needed". Which is BS. My partition 32 gb... with nothing else installed. I have tried freeing up 4 more mb... but no go. Same error message everytime.

Has anybody done Service Pack 3 yet?

Thanks!

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Found this on the issue for you. when i got the error,what i did was when the error screen popped up it said something like view & install updates before installing SP3 i chose that,then installed the updates then run the updater again then installed SP3 which installed fine after that ( this was done after downloading BC 2.1 first)

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

4. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

Hi,

I've just downloaded the 'combo' and installed it like any other update... no problems, no tricks... without installing BC 2.1.

sash

5. iPhoneyboy thread starter macrumors member

THANK YOU! This did the trick... works perfectly. I googled it, but couldn't find anything. This was the exact issue I was having. MacRumors is the best!

Thanks Neil.

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Thats Ok,glad to have helped