xp sp3 on boot camp no wireless connection

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by heliman28, Jan 5, 2011.

1. heliman28 macrumors newbie

Thanks for looking have been working for months to fix this. I loaded xp sp3 on my mac book pro and every time I startup the xp system the wireless connection can't find any SSID's.

The only way I can get it to work is go into the Device Manager and uninstall the wireless card from the hardware list and rescan and it will pick it up and install it and then all availible routers show up and it will connect right to any of them.

It will continue to work fine until I switch over to the Mac OS or shut it off and restart then I have to do this all agian.

Everything works fine with the wireless when i am running on the Mac OS.

Also I can't connect to "https" sites on the XP OS other sites work fine but the secure ones won't they work fine on the Mac OS.

Thanks, Denton

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Have you installed the Boot Camp 3.x drivers from a Snow Leopard install disc? And used Apple Software Update to get the latest version of all drivers?

Which exact model Mac :)apple:->About this Mac->More Info->Model Identifier) do you have. There may be an alternative driver from the wireless NIC's manufacturer.

B

3. heliman28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I installed the Boot Camp 3.0 from my Mac OS X disk then manually downloaded Boot Camp 3.1 and 3.2 and installed. Also I used Apple Software Update right before posting and there were none.

Model Identifier is MacBookPro5,2 , Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.8GHz,

Where would I look for this alternative driver?

Thank You

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Ideally from the OEM, but in the past folks have used drivers from HP and other vendors. Identify the chipset in System Profiler -> Network -> Airport and get to googling. ;)

B

5. heliman28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help I moved up and bought Windows 7 and installed now all problems are gone.