XP through boot camp will not allow for wireless connections

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fastdeath10, May 6, 2009.

1. fastdeath10 macrumors newbie

i recently set up XP(SP 3) to run on my macbook and everything is up and running fine but when i go to try to connect to my home router to get internet there is no options for wireless anywhere. there is options for brodband internet connections and Dial up but there is no menu anywhere for a wireless connection to the internet. i would like to be able to get an internet connection to the Windows operating system but am a little stumped at this point. any ideas?

thanks

2. msevild macrumors regular

Did you install the drivers for your Mac hardware? That is part of the instructions for boot camp. Put in the leopard install disk or your computer's first install disk and run the boot camp assistant. Wireless should work then.

3. fastdeath10 thread starter macrumors newbie

drivers

yes. i inserted and installed all of the drivers on the leopard disk that came with the macbook. it said they were all installed and there wernt any issues but when i go to the control panel to try to get onto a wireless network i have no issues with in the mac OS wireless but in XP there is not even a panel or any idacation that there even is a wireless ability on it. i know XP can do wireless because all of the other Windows machines in the house can but for some reason there isnt even a wireless menu or way to even know that wireless exists on this computer in XP.