Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Molopo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
I've heard some stories about the new glass trackpad acting oddly with XP, but in Vista it appears to be just fine. I really like XP since it is more lightweight and generally faster/less annoying. Really hope that the trackpad performs just as well.

eshroom

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2006
Not had any problems. But XP is 100% worse than OSX and the only reason I have it is to show people how it works.

I have scored an 8/8 success rate when convincing people to buy a mac, on the basis that windows works, but telling them to live with OS X for a months. Now they don't understand why they liked windows at all.

Try it. 30 day challenge. Remember everything on windows is available on mac, just under a different product name, and the forum's here to help! And if you're a gamer, just use XP for that...

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I would say that if you are going to virtualize, use XP, the speed will benefit you, and the trackpad shouldn't be an issue with Fusion or Parallels.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Not had any problems. But XP is 100% worse than OSX and the only reason I have it is to show people how it works.

I have scored an 8/8 success rate when convincing people to buy a mac, on the basis that windows works, but telling them to live with OS X for a months. Now they don't understand why they liked windows at all.

Try it. 30 day challenge. Remember everything on windows is available on mac, just under a different product name, and the forum's here to help! And if you're a gamer, just use XP for that...

You didn't even come close to answering his question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.