xp with parallels..quickbooks/outlook issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Meric, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Meric macrumors regular

hey guys...

this weekend I need to complete my switch from pc 2 mac so I can work flawlessly on monday...

I installed parallels 6 , then xp sp3 ( october 2010 edition or something )

then my quickbooks...

my 1st problem was.. I couldn't have my quickbooks direct email from my outlook 2011 on mac... I switched parallels setting to use apple email.. didn't work.. outlook 2011 was default email app in mac..

also when I imported my pst file to outlook 2011 mac.. I couldn't route my incoming new emails to the pst folder... I guess there is no pst folder kinda thing in mac....

to resolve both issues.. I installed office 2003 under xp... copy and pasted my outlook pst file and routed my incoming email to the same file...

quickbooks also recognized the outlook in xp.. I can now send emails from qb thru outlook...

is this the way to go in my scenario ? or is there anyway to fix issues above so I can leave qb only in xp....

another problem I have now..when i use the delete key to delete an email in outlook in xp... it jumps to another folder in my pst file... delete key doesn't seem to work...

it doesn't even work when I try to delete a file or folder on desktop...

thanks...

2. Meric thread starter macrumors regular

fn + delete key works...

is there anyway to make delete key work itself?