Xperia E5?

emembee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Surrey,UK
looking to get cheapish android phone as backup to my Apple stuff. There is a good deal on the Xperia E5 till 19/10 from O2 UK. It only has 16g storage but I'm looking to stream only for music. Don't need any special apps.

Any views if this is a reasonable start to get familiar with android?

Thanks.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
looking to get cheapish android phone as backup to my Apple stuff. There is a good deal on the Xperia E5 till 19/10 from O2 UK. It only has 16g storage but I'm looking to stream only for music. Don't need any special apps.

Any views if this is a reasonable start to get familiar with android?

Thanks.
I have the Xperia XA along with my apple stuff - it does a fine job streaming and the camera is pretty good. I can't imagine the E5 being much different.

emembee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Surrey,UK
I have the Xperia XA along with my apple stuff - it does a fine job streaming and the camera is pretty good. I can't imagine the E5 being much different.
Thanks for that. The only poor review I found that made some sense was that space was taken up by the apps and it was 78% full, but if I get SD card then that should suffice.

Would be similar problem if I went instead for the iphone 5S with 16gig.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
I'm sure the OS doesn't take up 78%; on my XA it is something like 45% of the 16GB. There are some Sony apps but you can delete or disable most of them.

The E5 looks like a nice device at that price - I'd take it over a similar spec Motorola, but I like Sony stuff so I'm biased.