Xperia to iPhone - What can I get over?

FatMax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Norway
A friend of mine is taking over my 4S in a couple of days, she's now on an Sony Xperia. She's been on android for years, and probably have been thriving in that ecosystem for that time. What data can I get over except for the obvious? Is there a way to get SMS logs over? Progress in games that don't have an account?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
there are some 3rd party software packages that can transfer the sms to the iphone, google on it.

I doubt that game progress can be tranfered.

FatMax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Norway
Thanks!

Is it true that if you email the vendor of an paid app, they usually give you free access to the competing os version?

RTWG

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
Thanks!

Is it true that if you email the vendor of an paid app, they usually give you free access to the competing os version?
No, I don't think there's even a mechanism to do this. Developers can give out promotional codes, but they're only given a few of them for each app, normally for reviewers.

FatMax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Norway
Ok, I've just heard rumors about that. It's a pain really, as to how much you have invested in a platform. I have expensive (not $1 apps) apps paid for in iOS, and probably won't switch on that reason alone.

RTWG

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
Ok, I've just heard rumors about that. It's a pain really, as to how much you have invested in a platform. I have expensive (not $1 apps) apps paid for in iOS, and probably won't switch on that reason alone.
That's a shame - I think you'll be missing out on a wonderful platform, and wonderful devices.

chagla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2008
A friend of mine is taking over my 4S in a couple of days, she's now on an Sony Xperia. She's been on android for years, and probably have been thriving in that ecosystem for that time. What data can I get over except for the obvious? Is there a way to get SMS logs over? Progress in games that don't have an account?
if she's a seasoned Android user, she may not like ios.

but if she was strictly just a phone/sms/camera/facebook person, she might like ios.

FatMax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Norway
if she's a seasoned Android user, she may not like ios.

but if she was strictly just a phone/sms/camera/facebook person, she might like ios.
Well, that's the fun part. She's a real Fandroid, because her brother tell her to be. He's the worst Fandroid. I have now given her the opportunity to try out iOS, I really thought she would say no, but she is really in to it. You see, I just call her Little Miss Android ;)
Actually, I think she'll like the easy parts, not having to turn off this and that, enjoy the USE of the phone, instead of "formatting" it (as she says) all the time. When all comes down to it, don't you just like to USE the phone for what lies out there on the Internet? Who cares if the SMS bubbles are pink or blue...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.