Xperia Z2 is terrible.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by craiggg, May 15, 2014.

1. craiggg macrumors newbie

I've had my Z2 for 5 days now. All I can say is how disappointed I am with it.

The battery life is awful. The stamina mode which is supposed to save battery is flawed and doesn't actually do a thing.

I'm not sure if it's the phone or android but the operating system has bad glitches. For example it kept opening and closing apps the other day. Today I turned up the volume and it just kept making the sound as if I was turning it up continuously. On both occasions I had to restart the phone.

The phone also really heats up, something i've only had before when charging and using an iPhone at the same time.

I really should have got the galaxy S5 or iPhone 5s. I know for next time!

2. mclld macrumors 68000

3. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

You most likely have a defective phone. I do not have the problems you have described and in fact, the battery life is pretty amazing. Get it exchanged.

4. craiggg thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it outright from a 3 store outright so i'm not sure if I am able to take it back?

5. mclld macrumors 68000

6. craiggg thread starter macrumors newbie

Just did a test. When recording in 4K, after 2.28 minutes the camera shut off with a too hot warning.

Is this normal?

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I've read the Z2 gets hot, but shutting down? that's odd.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sadly this has been reported. It should not be normal, but others have reported similar with 4k recording. Sony's official line is 1) restrict your 4k recording bursts 2) try not recording to internal memory, use a fast microsd card instead.

9. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

As a UK citizen you have a standard consumer right to a full 12 month warranty, take it back and exchange it, if it's 7 days or less I believe you can have a full refund or a full exchange with no questions asked.

10. craiggg thread starter macrumors newbie

Apparently I can 'reject' the phone as it's not as described, satisfactory quality or fit for purpose.

I'll give it a go tomorrow.

11. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

I do have that over-heating problem when recording at 4K. However, I have no reason to record at 4K as 1080 works just fine. I do agree that it's a stupid problem as it is one of the advertised features. :mad:

12. craiggg thread starter macrumors newbie

I really like the design of the phone which is the main reason I bought it.

I really hope they release a software update to fix these issues.

13. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

I also tried recording at 4K and got the overheating issue. It's not a huge deal to me, but since its advertised it should work.

14. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

The snapdragon version of the Note 3 have 4k recording, does it suffer the same limitation?

15. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

Not that I've ever noticed. I tested 4K a few times when I first got my Note 3 back in October and it worked perfectly with no overheating.

I'll try a short test when I'm out tomorrow and see the thermal performance on the Note 3 versus Z2 for the same length video.

16. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

They should swap it out with no problems mate.

You got a dodgy one!