Xposed Framework creator weighs in on Lollipop, ART

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Tig Bitties, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

http://www.androidauthority.com/xposed-framework-lollipop-540928/

Good article there.

I am a big fan of Xposed and really use a few modules religiously on every phone; YouTubeAdAway, Greenify, GravityBox. Plus they offer awesome mods for Samsung phones and HTC phones, which allow major tweaks and customization without the need for custom Recovery + ROM.

But with Android 5.0 Lollipop moving to 'Art' full time now, that breaks Xposed and doesn't work. So it needs to be totally redone, which is not an easy task.

2. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

Meh hope he sorts it out as i love xpose, almost all the benefits of a custom ROM but none of the drawbacks.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I will not update my Note 4 to any upcoming Lolipop upgrades if Xposed is not yet compatible.

4. ecrispy macrumors regular

There's little hope here. L just breaks too many things and fundamentally affects the way Xposed works, and its just one guy.

5. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

6. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the insightful comment...

7. Fireblade macrumors 65816

Fireblade

If this is your honest opinion, you have never used it.
    How can Xposed framework be not useful?!

8. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

I have used it. I've used GravityBox and other tweaks. It was fun at first but then my phone started lagging.

I'm much more of a fan of Custom ROMs. have you seen PAC-ROM or Dirty Unicorns? Damn those ROMs have features for days...

----------

Sorry, wasn't aware I wasn't allowed to state my opinion.

9. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Xposed is awesome, it's probably one of the 2 or 3 reasons I care about even bothering with Root anymore. With that said though I don't see what the big deal is, times change and technology is upgraded and devs have to deal with it all the time.

10. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

I have not ran xposed yet, because at this point id rather use ART on kit kat, but I can't wait to utilize modules like no ads in the youtube app.

Much rather use xposed with stock stable firmware, than a custom rom. At least from the perspective of my gs4 ge.

It's akin to jailbreak tweaks from cydia for android. good stuff

I bet he will fix it, or someone will