Xquartz / X11 on 10.9

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by east85, Aug 8, 2013.

1. east85 macrumors 65816

Jun 24, 2010
    I recently managed to rid my Windows 7 partition from my drive with the help of Wine/Winebottler/Xquartz. There's a program I needed specifically for work, so I just packaged it and the rest is history. I was just wondering if anyone could confirm that the X11 framework operates on 10.9. I would like to adopt 10.9 when it comes to market, but only if I can continue to run the program I need.

2. east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 24, 2010
    Maybe by the time it comes out I will have installed a second internal SSD to test this.
  3. OMCS macrumors newbie

Jun 25, 2013
    I can confirm that XQuartz works perfectly on Mavericks. I've used it with Wine and had no issues with it.
  4. nnnikt macrumors newbie

Oct 2, 2013
    I've just installed 2.7.4 to get Gimp working on 10.9 dp8 and I can double confirm that it's working.
  5. nourani macrumors newbie

Oct 22, 2013
    X11/Xquartz and MATLAB on Mavericks 10.9

Just upgraded to 10.9 and when I try to run MATLAB I am told that I need to install X11 which Xquartz is installed and has been working :confused:

Any ideas how I can tell MATLAB that X11 is available?
  6. mjlee macrumors newbie

Oct 23, 2013
    I just had the exact same problem with MATLAB after running it for the first time since upgrading. All I did to fix it was reinstall XQuartz and MATLAB is now running fine.
  7. fredlef macrumors newbie

Sep 25, 2012
    Me too but with another program. Tried reinstalling xquartz and crashes every time on install.
  8. bluespaceoddity macrumors regular

Jun 14, 2009
    After reinstalling XQuartz things run as before.
  9. mystery78 macrumors newbie

Oct 29, 2013
    Still doesn't work

Matlab for us is on a server, and we often run it from the server. After
    I installed XQuartz it enables me to connect to the server and shows me matlab on this display. HOWEVER, the tunneling is not complete -- the keyboard/mouse control does not let me type/click on any GUI's from Matlab. :mad:

Can someone help me.. spoke to apple support.. they said.. sorry we no longer support it.. you can clean install the old version and start from there..