iPhone XR XR a strong REACTION

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1rottenapple, Jan 8, 2019.

1. 1rottenapple macrumors 68000

it’s funny so I don’t have a case on my XR and my colleague saw it. It’s the red XR model. She was gushing over it and telling another employee about it lol. ”he has a red phone it’s so nice.” I have never seen anyone react to an iPhone before that. Anyone else have such experience.

2. mattguy10 macrumors 6502

mattguy10

Yeah back in 2007 when I was the only one at my work who had the original iPhone. “OMG IT’S THE 8 GB MODEL TOO!”

3. 1rottenapple thread starter macrumors 68000

Wow times have change lol.

Ya I remember getting the gen one iPhone in my first job

4. akash.nu macrumors 603

akash.nu

I work in tech and virtually almost everyone has got an iPhone around me with a few exceptions who own Android devices. Nobody has ever reacted like that to a new phone. When the X came out, some people just wanted to take a look first hand so that they can decide if they wanted to order for themselves.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If you work in the tech sector, then obviously no one is really going to be that ecstatic about seeing the new iPhone, especially if they’re paying close attention to Apple and other products. Also, if you re-read the OP’s post, the color red seems to be the main highlight they really infatuated with versus just the iPhone itself. Maybe you missed that point.

6. akash.nu macrumors 603

akash.nu

Definitely did miss that point. I love the red myself.

7. Asandalfc macrumors newbie

own the red XR too, its no case, during day one TWO ladies at work who own iphone 6 were excited when they saw mine, they use my phone to take selfies now. ysterday i was at the mall buying a jean at ZARA and the cashier asked which iphone is that, looking at my hand.

the RED is 100% what draws people to look at my phone. i have never seein anyone with a RED iphone at work or at school (university) afew at the mall.

8. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

did she ask for your number?

9. 1rottenapple thread starter macrumors 68000

Ya all about the red. It’s a pretty stunning color. And no don’t work I tech.

10. lah macrumors regular

When I had the first iPhone, shortly after launch I traveled to Canada, and some of the airport staff gathered around to gawk at it when I placed it in the bins to clear security. I got lots of questions.

11. akash.nu macrumors 603

akash.nu

Those were the days. At work, We used to keep the first iPad in a glass safe inside a locked up room.

12. tl01 macrumors 68020

That’s how I feel about my kid’s coral XR. I just want to hold it and look at it!

13. 1rottenapple thread starter macrumors 68000

I love the coral. I wish it was available on swappa at the time.

My only gripe is that the alumni looks pink on certain light

14. tl01 macrumors 68020

It does but my 12 year old boy rocks it an Junior High! He is being bullied but has never had a negative comment about the color of the phone. He said the kids think it is cool. Surprised me!

15. 1rottenapple thread starter macrumors 68000

16. Starship67 macrumors 6502a

Starship67

Glad I got the white. Less attention. lol
    Almost got the RED though.

17. 1rottenapple thread starter macrumors 68000

Ya the white looks nice. It’s a pure white. IT just seemed to me anyways, not using a case, the lighter colors make the bezel appear bigger. With a case it doesn’t matter of course.

18. matamoris macrumors regular