Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 5, 2018
So, those with an XR, what leather case are you running with and do you recommend it?

I am a big fan of Apple’s black leather case and since they don’t do one for the XR I am in the market for one as close to their spec as possible.

The Novada black leather case is looking a good option at the moment seeing as the Mujjo ones are never in stock. Anyone got one of these?

NOVADA Genuine Leather Back Cover Case for Apple iPhone XR - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KVL2WLL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qPrRCbRYMPF9K

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
The Novada one isn't a bad case. The leather isn't that high quality though.

If you want one as close to the Apple case, if not better, than get yourself a Mujjo leather case. They do them in black, brown, green and blue.

McRumour

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2013
So, those with an XR, what leather case are you running with and do you recommend it?

I am a big fan of Apple’s black leather case and since they don’t do one for the XR I am in the market for one as close to their spec as possible.

The Novada black leather case is looking a good option at the moment seeing as the Mujjo ones are never in stock. Anyone got one of these?

NOVADA Genuine Leather Back Cover Case for Apple iPhone XR - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KVL2WLL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qPrRCbRYMPF9K

Mujjo! Superb quality. Recommend wholeheartedly...
Got their black "wallet case" 10 days ago. (Not really a wallet - just a leather slot on its back for a couple of credit cards)
Leather quality even better than Apple's (which I'd used for years). But there's also a "snap-on" case - if you prefer.
Here's the Amazon's link I used for purchase:https://www.amazon.com/s?i=merchant-items&me=A25AZ4VTTYZQ8Y&rh=p_4:Mujjo&dc&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&qid=1555000485&ref=sr_nr_p_4_4
Delivery was lightening fast - and I don't even have Amazon Prime
If you don't like it - you've got 30 days to return...so nothing to lose

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 5, 2018
Got the Mujjo case yesterday.

The leather is great but the fitment is really poor of you ask me.

Have to really pull the case around the phone for it to wrap the sides properly - not what I expected for the price tag. The Apple cases just snap on lovely.

I like to have a magnet between my case and phone for a car mount and the case will not let me have it.

Ordered a few other leather cases to sample to compare

PeteS1963

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Got the Mujjo case yesterday.

The leather is great but the fitment is really poor of you ask me.

Have to really pull the case around the phone for it to wrap the sides properly - not what I expected for the price tag. The Apple cases just snap on lovely.

I like to have a magnet between my case and phone for a car mount and the case will not let me have it.

Ordered a few other leather cases to sample to compare

Strange, on my Mujjo I’d say that the fit is just as good as Apple leather cases that I’ve had in the past (I’ve had 4). And over time it actually improves as the case tends to mold itself to the phone within a few weeks.

I use ProClip in my cars. Same clip with various iPhone. Never had a problem

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 5, 2018
Strange, on my Mujjo I’d say that the fit is just as good as Apple leather cases that I’ve had in the past (I’ve had 4). And over time it actually improves as the case tends to mold itself to the phone within a few weeks.

I use ProClip in my cars. Same clip with various iPhone. Never had a problem
Had a Spigen leather case delivered today.

Literally identical to Apple’s leather case in fitment, feel, materials.

Highly recommended

PeteS1963

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Had a Spigen leather case delivered today.

Literally identical to Apple’s leather case in fitment, feel, materials.

Highly recommended

I’m totally happy with mine so not interested in buying. However, would like a little look at it and can’t see it in their website. Have you got a link?

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 5, 2018
OK, appreciate, thanks for taking the time to reply. I missed that one as it’s PU leather and didn’t come up when I did a search.
Yeah, it’s a PU leather - be interested to see how it holds up, it feels like the real deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.