Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
My iPhone XR won't pair with my Bowers and Wilkins PX phones.I've tried everything from switching bluetooth on the phone off, restarted my R, played around with Bluetooth on and off in settings but I just can't seem to get them to work.

They work fine with my Max and I've even disabled Bluetooth on this while I try and pair the R but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Maybe the B&W headphones have reached their pairing limits? Can you clear the list of prior paired devices on those headphones?

I can't see how. I have turned them off. Turning them on again, I get a green light followed by a flashing blue light, the Max sees them, as does my iPad and MacBook but not the R.
[doublepost=1553435704][/doublepost]Problem solved: I had to go in to the app on my phone where I found a reset PX option. It seems you are right and the PX can remember too many devices. I'm now happily listening to my R again. Hope this helps anyone else with these phones.

Last edited:
Reactions: I7guy

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I can't see how. I have turned them off. Turning them on again, I get a green light followed by a flashing blue light, the Max sees them, as does my iPad and MacBook but not the R.
[doublepost=1553435704][/doublepost]Problem solved: I had to go in to the app on my phone where I found a reset PX option. It seems you are right and the PX can remember too many devices. I'm now happily listening to my R again.
Did you try turning off the max when pairing with the XR. Is there any other bluetooth device in range that would interfere with the pairing?

Reactions: Ffosse

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Yes I had the Max switched off - I had previously been listening to music on it but when I went to the R it wouldn't connect. I've had the PX connected to multiple devices previously and it seems it has an internal memory of 8 devices that it remembers; but I sorted it using the accompanying app by pressing the reset PX button.

Around me I've got a MacBook, iPad even an Apple Pencil, I suppose it's possible that one of these was to blame for confusing it.

Reactions: I7guy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.