XR screen protector recommendations?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lyceumHQ, Apr 28, 2019.

1. lyceumHQ macrumors 65816

lyceumHQ

Anyone have one they rate?

I usually always use media devil. But I’ve had three packs and after a few weeks they start to lift in places and create the rainbow effect. Their customer service is amazing but no point in getting replacements to just do the same.

I’ve tried cheap ones, I’ve tried expensive ones. They don’t stick. They start to lift after a few days etc.

I had one of the spigen full screen ones which was perfect, But I caught it changing cases and when I took it off there was so much crap under the black rim of it that It’s put me right off the full screen ones.

I always install them in the bathroom after a shower. I always use the cleaning wipes included and the dust removers etc. I have literally never had this problem before with any iPhone.

I’m in the UK so if any other UK XR owners can recommend any I’d be greatly appreciative.

2. Denpech macrumors regular

Denpech

https://www.zagg.com/eu/en_eu/invis...-screen-protector/glass-curve-apple-iphone-xr

3. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 65816

lyceumHQ

4. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

I recommend you not waste your time and money on Zagg. Find a cheap glass protector on eBay and rock it. That's what I've been doing the past few years and the quality is literally the same, but you get to chose if you want a full edge to edge, with a cutout for the notch and etc.

Don't fall for the overpriced items of companies.

5. richwilliams macrumors newbie

richwilliams

6. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 65816

lyceumHQ

Thanks but as I said I’m wary of them after the spigen on. I clean my phone several times a week and when I had to replace it the black around the edge, under there was basically full of crap so it’s put me off them. Whilst it was on it looked clean but once I removed it I could see a load of crap had a collected under the black part.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 29, 2019 ---
    Yeah tried that. They don’t stick properly. Cause bubbles or rainbow effect around the edges.