Other XR with trade-in deal or wait for price drop?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by max.ine, Aug 11, 2019.

  1. max.ine macrumors regular


    Aug 16, 2016
    My 7 Plus has been my daily driver ever since it first came out, but it’s starting to show some wear and tear and I’m thinking of trading it in now for the XR deal... or do you guys think the XR1 price will drop significantly once the new models are announced? I’m assuming the trade-in value of the 7 Plus will drop since we’re moving one generation ahead, so I’m not sure whether to wait or buy now...
  2. mtneer macrumors 68030


    Sep 15, 2012
    If you have an older phone, trade in your 7+ for a card now, use the old phone to bridge over the next couple of months and then once the new phone drops - use it to cash in the reduced XR or the new phone.
  3. Wide opeN macrumors 65816

    Wide opeN

    Aug 27, 2010
    Now seems like your last chance. Apple may discontinue the Xr like they did the X.
  4. thadoggfather macrumors G4


    Oct 1, 2007
  5. apolloa macrumors G4

    Oct 21, 2008
    Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
    Wait, if you trade it in the only one benefitting will be Apple and not you! Keep your 7 Plus until you are sure your happy with the XR, then sell it and get more money for it.
    So wait for the XR price to drop first.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 11, 2019 ---
    Their have been countless leaks and rumours claiming the XR will be refreshed this year AND next year at least! At this point if you say that the XR is going to be discontinued you may as well say the XS and Max will be too.
  6. vikingjunior macrumors 65816


    Aug 17, 2011
    There is nothing saying Apple is going to offer $449 for an iPhone 7 Plus trade in on the this XR or any future XR.

Share This Page

5 August 11, 2019