iPhone XS Xs and car bluetooth - re-pair every 48 hours

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ericg301, Dec 14, 2018.

1. ericg301 macrumors 65816

I've had the Xs (upgraded from 7) for about 3 weeks now and have had to re-pair it with my car (2013 Hyundai Elantra -- dont get jealous) exactly every 2 days. After the first week, I started keep a log to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

When I get in the car, I get a message from the dash that says "Pairing Failed." I have to manually delete my phone from the source list in the car, delete the car from the source list on my phone, and re-pair.

With my iPhone 7, I only had to re-pair when I got a new car battery. Maybe 2-3 times total in 2 years.

I've reached out to Apple support, who ran a remote diagnostic and said that the bluetooth hardware is functioning as expected (duh). Suggested I reach out to Hyundai and ask about a firmware update — for a 6 year old car. I'm sure they'll get right on that. Meanwhile the only variable that has changed is the phone.

Anyway else have similar issues? It's kind of strange that it's every 2 days...not some random duration.

2. ncphoto919 macrumors newbie

I have this exact same issue, but with a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe. I've got the Xs Max and had to re-pair with my iPhone 7 Plus and 8 Plus maybe a hand full of times. This is about the same. Every two days or so. Deleted and even reset the network settings. The only thing I can think of is a firmware update to the car, but the only thing that has changed is the phone.

3. ericg301 thread starter macrumors 65816

yeah apple saying "go to hyundai" is laughable.

4. ncphoto919 macrumors newbie

Can they even do that with older cars? I've got a Hyundai dealership close to me, but I went there for a small repair on my bumper and it was a chore.