Other XS apps wrong size

xxchefxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
My wife received her new iphone xs today she was currently using a 7 plus unfortunately one of her favourite apps isn't formatted for her screen when it's been downloaded. I downloaded it on my phone to check if I had the same issue and it's formatted correctly. Any ideas how I can sort it? I have tried deleting it and turning the phone on and offbut still the same issue it just looks like the 7 plus version on the xs. the app is colour by number- art games.

xxchefxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
You need to bug the developer of the app to release an update.
Ok cheers, just wondered if there was a way of completely removing it from her app store history and then trying to download again and see if that worked or wouldn't it make a difference?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
I still have a few apps that were never optomized from the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 6. TiVo, Fire TV, Broadcastify, GHIN (golf).

JPack

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2017
Ok cheers, just wondered if there was a way of completely removing it from her app store history and then trying to download again and see if that worked or wouldn't it make a difference?
There's no way to remove it from the app store history and it wouldn't make a difference either. If she downloaded the app today, it would be the latest one available from the developer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.