iPhone XS XS: grip/scratches?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wayland1985, Sep 28, 2018.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502a

I typically use my iPhone with only a clear skin on the back and sides... mostly to help with grip.

I noticed the new iPhones in stores seem to be a bit grippier than I remember naked phones being in the past (maybe it’s all the grease and booger’s from the kids playing with them?!).

Are the new phones any grippier? How does the glass/stainless actually hold up to day to day use?

2. treyhunnid macrumors regular

treyhunnid

first thing I noticed when held one at a apple store. yes they are grippier in stores. my actual unit is not slippery but not crazy grippy like the display models. probably done for good reason.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The gold stainless has a grippier texture, I believe it’s due to the PVD coating that is used to help against scratches.

4. NJHitmen macrumors 6502

NJHitmen

lol, gross. but probably true. boogers impart a certain tackiness to the surface of the phones

5. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You’re right. Brought a silver home tonight, and nowhere near as tacky as the gold on display. Too bad apple doesn’t treat all their phones with the PVD coating. I could be without a case/skin!