iPhone XS Max Xs Max Bluetooth issue.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JustCrusin, Sep 27, 2018.

1. JustCrusin macrumors regular

I love my new iPhone Max, however I can’t get it to stay connected to Bluetooth in my car. I have a 2012 Sonata and my X was working just fine on ios12. I’ve tried toggling airplane and Bluetooth mode, hard rebooting and reconnecting to the car. It will work for a day and then never connect again.

Anyone else facing similar issues? I hate that I have to listen to podcasts through the phone speaker. Help?

2. mkz168 macrumors member

3. JustCrusin thread starter macrumors regular

Already tried that.

4. McPhallus macrumors regular

Is apple using a different Bluetooth chipset than they did in previous phones? That might explain some of these BT-related issues.

5. mrlee71 macrumors newbie

my car radio won't auto connect with my iphone xs max even though my previous iphone x would connect as soon as the car is turned on. my older iphones would also auto connect. anybody have any suggestions?

6. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I have BT issues with my XS Max and my 2018 Accord. The BT constantly cuts in and out. It'll randomly disconnect, then connect after a few seconds. My X wasn't like this, and I had TWO XS Max's with this same issue. The random thing is it's only the car, so I feel like it's a software issue as it connects to any other BT speaker with no issue.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 30, 2018 ---
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8551705

Glad to see we’re not the only ones.... hopefully this is fixed sooner than later.

7. maxchile macrumors member

maxchile

Hi, your issue was resolved with the last ios relase (12.1.1.)?

8. JustCrusin thread starter macrumors regular

No. The apple posting about this issue says that Apple is blaming it on the cars themselves and not the phones. I have all sorts of issues in my Hyundai but connect perfectly in my wife’s Honda all the time. Not sure what is going on.