iPhone XS Max XS Max camera lens unglued ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ViMK3, Jan 28, 2019.

1. ViMK3 macrumors newbie

ViMK3

Hello i bought an iPhone XS Max last week, recently i noticed the camera lens seems to be unglued at the top and bottom right.
    Anyone else had this problem ? Is it normal ?
    IMG_0998.jpg

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I can’t really tell from your picture, but no, it’s not normal. I would just return the phone and exchange it for a new one being you only have had it for a week.

3. ViMK3 thread starter macrumors newbie

ViMK3

I know.. unfortunately from the photo you can not see much, but those tiny dark areas at the top and bottom right are the anomaly.
    This is not the first XS Max i have with problems, so i don’t know what to do...

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Don't know what to do?

Return it for another or a refund.

5. ViMK3 thread starter macrumors newbie

ViMK3

I think you're right and if I had not already tried i would not think twice, but as I said it is not the first iPhone Max i get with problems and everyone has something wrong... bad screen, dead pixels, scratches.
    This phone in addition to presenting the problem to the camera lens, it was scratched out of the box on the screen and has chipped on the stainless steel.
    Maybe I'm unlucky but I've seen other people complaining about the same problems.
    I do not know what to do because this phone has the best display I've seen so far, and unfortunately i need an iPhone because my 6 died.
    But I don’t know if it’s worth it to keep returning the phone and buy it back all over again.

6. aksala macrumors newbie

If your XS Max screen came scratched with chip marks on the stainless steel I would take it back for an exchange, even if this is your 2nd or 3rd device. My guess is you got a unit someone returned and it somehow made its way back as a 'new' phone (not sure what Apple does with returns, anyone know?).

Bottom line is this sounds like it's going to bug you until you get a defect-free phone. I get bugged by such things as well, so I don't blame you.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I am sure they got it sorted 8 months ago.

8. aksala macrumors newbie

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

The original poster has not posted to these forums since January so your quest might not be successful.

10. aksala macrumors newbie

Good point! ViMK3 - if you're out there, somewhere, please let us know what happened. Unresolved threads drive me crazy. :)