iPhone XS Max XS Max - Random Shutdowns?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ljmjag, Oct 6, 2018.

1. ljmjag macrumors member

Anyone else experience random shutdowns on the XS Max? Mine has happened at least 4 times. With each one I’ve had to try and hard reset the device and then plug it into a lightning cord (I mostly wireless charge).

It takes a couple of minutes and then I get the apple on the screen as it “reboots”. It almost seems like it has overheated. I keep the phone in an Apple leather case.

I haven’t experienced this before, but before I look for a genius - I want to make sure that it is not a bad app somewhere triggering it. It might be Whisper - but it happened when I wasn’t using that app too.

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Try setup as new with just stock apps. Add one app at a time. If the problem persists, take to Apple for exchange.

3. FFR macrumors 601

FFR

4. ljmjag thread starter macrumors member

That’s not a bad idea but I’ve owned almost every iPhone since the very first one. I have hundreds of apps. It would take days and days.

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Apple will want to reset the phone anyway. You might as well do it yourself first. Hundreds of apps? You are due for a reset. Clean out the mess.

6. BasicGreatGuy, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you don't have the time to test each app, you should return it. Definitely not normal. I have yet to have any shutdowns on my Max, and I have over 100 apps loaded.