XS Max screen protector alignment trays on the 11 Pro Max- don't fit.(Spigen EZ Fit do!)

Pug72

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Bought a pack of the same tempered glass screen protectors I used on the XS Max as I liked them a lot.
The description read they were for the 11 Pro Max/XS Max.

The tray doesn't fit. The cut outs that go over the side buttons were obviously now slightly off, but no probs....I just Dremel'd to size.
But now the tray was just that little bit too small. I could put it on the top but it wouldn't fit down at the bottom.

Now it may have been able to force it down but I wasn't about to try that on a new immaculate phone.
Anyway I did it by eye, getting it pretty much perfect on the second attempt and it fits great.

So they fit the screen no probs, just the alignment trays are useless.

alpi123

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2014
As far as the tray goes, it's obvious it won't fit. But I didn't expect companies to not adjust the sizes for the new phones, you should write a review on the site to warn others or contact the supplier.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
Can confirm. I had a bunch of old XS Max trays from multiple screen protector companies and none fit. The 11 Pro Max is bigger.

NewYorkRanger

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
the screen protectors will work fine though, just have to line it up the old fashion way.
Not really. The dimensions of the 11/Pro/Pro Max are different than the X/XS/XS Max. It won’t be a perfect fit.

lexdiamonnyc

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2012
NYC
Not really. The dimensions of the 11 Pro vs the XS Max are different. It won’t be a perfect fit.

fits perfectly around the illuminated part of the display, that plus the UAG case having a bit of a lip works great for me. I'm not anal like some people, and I had an extra one laying around from my Xs Max, so I figured I'd give it a go and not let it go to waste. I'm glad I did because I won't have to buy a screen protector for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Appleloves22

billhelm

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Was able to use the Spigen glas.tr easy fits for my XS Max on my Pro Max just fine. Has been my favorite tray fit system for a while now.

Rivanov

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
Netherlands
Was able to use the Spigen glas.tr easy fits for my XS Max on my Pro Max just fine. Has been my favorite tray fit system for a while now.
The tray fits fine on your 11 Pro Max? I'm tempting to buy the Spigen EZ Fit for my iPhone 11 Pro and I found the XS variant with the tray for € 17 here in The Netherlands. I want to buy it, but only if i'm sure the tray will fit my 11 Pro.

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
I believe the screens *are exactly* the same from XM, XS, XR but the overall dimensions are a smidge different. The older screen films should fit afaik, the only difference being the -tray- or just freehand it