Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Other XS MAX Up volume button

avtclub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hi all, hope you are all having a great first day.

Finally got my gold Xs max setup and restored. Just having a play and the up volume button requires more pressure to work than the other two. More noticeable in my apple leather case.

It’s only minor but I know it will annoy me over time.

Will apple be able to repair it?

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
It's the Apple leather case. The buttons are really hard to push with the case on. I got a new Apple case on my XS Max and notice the same thing.

Comment

avtclub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2018
It's the Apple leather case. The buttons are really hard to push with the case on. I got a new Apple case on my XS Max and notice the same thing.

You are right. Done lots of testing and even put it in my 7 plus case where the buttons click correctly.

Wonder if anyone else has this problem?

Comment

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
You are right. Done lots of testing and even put it in my 7 plus case where the buttons click correctly.

Wonder if anyone else has this problem?

Thinking (hoping) maybe it just needs a few weeks to loosen up. Guess you could always pull the case off and manually push the buttons a bunch of times to loosen them up. I'm also hoping that the case gets a little more grippy.......it needs some grime on it as it's really slippery right now.

Comment

TheBacklash

Suspended
Oct 23, 2013
I have had this issue before with cases, like the 2 piece case types. sometimes you have to adjust the first layer before you put the harder shell on.. my x-doria defense case i had on my 7+ (8+ was just a tad too tight) the up would sometimes not work at all, adjust it with the metal band off, and all would be good.

Comment

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Ok, so I took the case off and pressed the buttons a bunch of times to really work them.....they are tough to press off the phone and they don't really feel like they are pressing.....but it did help some. I do feel a noticeable difference after doing that.

Comment

vjobs

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2013
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Ok, so I took the case off and pressed the buttons a bunch of times to really work them.....they are tough to press off the phone and they don't really feel like they are pressing.....but it did help some. I do feel a noticeable difference after doing that.

Then, return for DOA replacement. This is gonna bother you if you don’t.

Comment

dcingie

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I’m so glad I found this thread and it’s not just me imagining it. The power and volume down buttons have a easier travel and satisfying click, whereas the volume up requires more effort and has a less audible click, in my opinion.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.