Paco II

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
This one is just to satisfy my curiosity. I see "XS" everywhere, including the prefixes here, yet my phone identifies itself (About -> Model Name) as "iPhone Xs". Yet "XS" seems to be the main way people spell it, despite Apple apparently preferring to use "Xs" under model name. So what's the deal?

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
The X represents the number 10 (Roman numerals)
The S part is, at a guess, a symbol to identify an advanced version (successor) of the X = Xs

Really it’s all been done before (3GS, 4s, 5s etc) only this time we have a Roman numeral to represent the 10s

Edit: I think I just got what you were asking ? I’ve no idea tbh but I think the correct format would be Xs since all s series models have been identified on Apple blurb as lower cased s

Last edited:
Comment

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
Does my curiosity matter? That's kind of a harsh question to ask. Is it so wrong me for me want to ask why Apple themselves seem to spell it differently in different places? Feel free to simply ignore this thread.

Does it really matter ?

Reactions: Otflyer
Comment

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Does my curiosity matter? That's kind of a harsh question to ask. Is it so wrong me for me want to ask why Apple themselves seem to spell it differently in different places? Feel free to simply ignore this thread.
Unfortunately there are too many people on all forums who have nothing to contribute but, feel a need to comment negatively.

Reactions: Paco II
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.