- Apr 12, 2001
Apple has released XSan 1.4.2, a maintenance release to its enterprise-class storage area network solution.
The update includes the XSan 1.4.2 Admin Update and XSan 1.4.2 Filesystem Update.Whats New in this Version
The Xsan 1.4.2 update addresses numerous issues related to overall reliability, usability and compatibility. It includes specific fixes for:
- mounting Fibre Channel LUNs on Mac OS X Leopard
- metadata controller failovers during power outages and network disconnects
- memory related errors that can result in slow system performance or hangs
- reducing fragmentation of large files and frame drops during ingest
- preventing file system metadata corruption
- hosting Xsan volumes on Intel-based metadata controllers
- defragmenting files after a volume bandwidth expansion
- compatibility with Apple and third party applications
Before installing, please review the Xsan Migration Guide at: http://www.apple.com/server/documentation/
For detailed information on this update, please visit the website: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305035
Apple has also released an accompanying XSan uninstaller for version 1.4.2.